A notice in the monthly record for June 1990 sought any persons in the Falkirk area who might be interested in supporting a Free Church outreach there. There was one reply which resulted in the Presbytery of Edinburgh and Perth agreeing 'that if there was an appropriate degree of development, the Presbytery would recognise it as a church planting work and apply for the appointment of an evangelist.' After a year of holding services and work carried out under the leadership of Rev J A M Mackay, Livingston, the 15th November 1991 saw the induction of the first Free Church minister to Falkirk since 1900.
The church first met in the Christian Centre on Glebe Street. Since then it has grown significantly and a new church building was built in Carron. The ministry of Rev R. MacLeod was followed by the ministry of Rev N. Mackay, who left last year to take up a church plant in the Govan area of Glasgow. March 2014 heralded the arrival of our new minister, the Rev D. Randall.
More about us ...
From a standing start the Falkirk Free Church congregation began worshipping in Falkirk in 1991. The current building was constructed in 1997 and the opening ceremony was held on 12 June 1998. The building was designed and built locally, situated in Beaumont Drive, New Carron. The building (before it was extended in 2004) cost £184,000 and it was funded by the Free Church Extension Committee, donations and local contributions.